The Speedyrails Manager allows you to get your first WordPress website up and running in a few simple clicks.
To get started, click on Services > WordPress in the Manager top menu.
From here, you can manage all your currently active WordPress installations. Clicking on Add a new WordPress site will prompt you to specify the details of your new WordPress site:
- Site name: The title your site will have in the UI.
- Subdomain: Domains will take the following form:
- Server Location: Location of the datacenter you wish to host your site.
- Plan: Select your billing option. A detailed list of services offered can be found here.
- Billing Cycle: Monthly or Yearly—selecting yearly means you will pay up front, but you will receive two months free.
- Admin user name and password: This will be the default admin user you will use to access your site via the WordPress dashboard.
Once you are satisfied, click Build Site. You will be redirected to your WordPress Sites and your new site will be visible in the menu.
Clicking on the Name of your new site will take you to a detailed overview of your new site including the domain.
You can log in to your WordPress dashboard on your new site by navigating to:
Your user name and password are the ones that you created in the Add a new WordPress site step.
Your site will be updated to the latest pre-Gutenberg version of WordPress and an SSL certificate will be generated automatically. We recommend not logging in or making any changes in your Wordpress dashboard until then.
Please sign in to leave a comment.