The Profile Settings menu allows you to control your security settings and account details.
To view the Profile Settings menu, click on your Profile Name in the header bar.
The Edit Profile menu contains an overview of your personal information as well as security details for your account.
The Personal Information panel shows the name, Gravatar, and email of the current user. To update the account information click Edit Information.
The Security panel displays information about the account’s last login, including the IP, date and time. The Security area also allow you to change your account password by clicking Change Password.
You can add or remove SSH keys to your account through the SSH Keys section. For more information about SSH keys, GitHub provides a knowledge base article that explains SSH keys in detail.
To add a new SSH key to your profile:
- From the Speedyrails Manager, click to open the Profile Settings menu.
- Click SSH Keys.
- Click Add SSH Key.
- Fill in the Key Name field.
- Using a text editor such as Sublime Text, open your RSA public key, select the entire contents of the file.
- Copy the contents of the file to your clipboard using Ctrl-C on a PC, Command-C on a Mac.
- Paste the contents of the file into the SSH Public Key box.
- Click Upload SSH Key to save the key to your account.
To remove a key from your profile, click the Delete button next to the machine’s Fingerprint.
You can register email contact addresses to your profile through the Email Addresses section to make sure that Speedyrails is able to identify you whenever you contact us for support. You must contact Speedyrails support through a registered email address.
To add a contact addresses to your account:
- From the Speedyrails Manager, click your organization name.
- Click My Profile to open your profile settings.
- Click Email Addresses.
- Click Add Email Address.
- Fill in the email address field with the email address you want to add.
- Click Add Email Address.
- Log in to the email account, and follow the Confirm your email link.
After confirmation, the contact appears on the Email Addresses menu, and permitted to contact Speedyrails Support.
To remove an email address from an account click Delete next to the email address.
Two Factor Authentication
The Two Factor Authentication section lets users add an extra layer of security to their account by requiring One-Time-Password (OTP) authentication when signing in to their account.
Speedyrails currently supports two-factor authentication by using a QR code and a compatible application such as Google Authenticator, or Authy. Once you verify your two-factor login, must enter a 6-digit One Time Password whenever you log in to Speedyrails.
Once you have logged in using your OTP, you have the option to trust the browser, OS, and IP where the login originated. Trusted browsers do not require Two-Factor authentication. This is mainly used for your tablet, laptop or personal computer.
You can review your trusted browsers on the Trusted Browsers tab, and remove them by clicking Forget.
To remove all browsers from your trusted browsers, click Forget all devices.
The Organization Membership section shows users which organizations they belong to. Users can Leave organizations they no longer want to belong to, or sign up for services by adding a new organization.
Speedyrails provides a RESTful API that allows you to integrate custom tools and scripts to work with your account. For more information about using Speedyrails API, see our Getting Started with API guide.
Adding a new organization
Creating a new organization creates a new account with Speedyrails, and will require you to select a new plan, as well as any services required for that organization’s account.
All new accounts you create with your account will list you as the owner.
To create a new organization:
- From the Speedyrails Manager, click your User Name.
- Click Organization Memberships
- Click Add new Organization.
- Fill in the organization’s details, including its billing address.
- Click Create Organization.
Leaving an organization
If a user account is no longer affiliated with an organization, the user can choose to leave the organization from the Manage Organization section.