The Speedyrails Manager provides a RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that allows you manage aspects of your organization. To access your organization's API tokens, select API Tokens from the User Profile menu.
The Speedyrails API accepts the following HTTP methods:
|GET||Used to retrieve information from a particular URL/URI.|
|POST||Used for creating new objects and adding new transactions in to the queue.|
Generating an API Token
All API calls require an API Token used as a bearer token to authenticate with Speedyrails. If an API token is not included in the API call header, the call will return a
401 Unauthorized error.
To Generate an API token:
- From the Speedyrails Manager, click your User name
- Click API Tokens.
- Click Add API Token.
- Enter a label for the API token.
- Select the organization from the drop-down menu.
- Select the permission level for the API token.
- Click Create API Token.
Once you have created an API token, it will be visible on your screen to allow you to copy and paste it somewhere safe. After leaving that screen, the API token will never be visible in the Speedyrails Manager again.
Each API call includes an example call and an example curl request. Any capitalized terms, such as
LABEL_NAME show where to include your own API Token, or label.
Once you make an API request, the server will respond with a response code depending on the result.
- 200 OK
- The API request completed successfully.
- 201 Scheduled
- The API request completed successfully, and created a new resource.
- 204 No Content
- The API request completed successfully, but did not return any data.
- 400 Bad Request
- The API request is invalid or cannot be otherwise completed.
- 401 Unauthorized
- The request is correct but cannot complete because the token is not included or incorrect.
- 403 Forbidden
- The request is correct but cannot complete because of the token's permission level.
- 404 Not Found
- The requested URL does not exist, or is incorrect.
- 422 Unprocessable Entity
- The sent parameters contain an error and the request cannot complete the request.
- 500 Internal Server Error
- An error occurred when processing your request.
Try your request again, or contact Speedyrails Support.
- 503 Service Unavailable
- The request cannot process because the server is unavailable.
Try your request again, or contact Speedyrails Support