Two or more servers in the same datacenter can connect through a private network. A Private Network allows information to pass between servers without exposing data, or server address, to the public.
Private Networks can only connect servers hosted at the same datacenter.
View Private Networks
Find the Private Networks screen in the Speedyrails Manager under the Services menu.
- Label - The unique identifier for your private network.
- Location - The datacenter containing your private network.
- IP Block - The IPs assigned to your private network.
You can edit the label of a private network or delete a private network through the settings (gear) menu to the right of the network's IP block.
Create a Private Network
To create a new private network:
- From the Speedyrails Manager, click Services > Private Networks to open the Private Networks menu.
- Click Create a new private network.
- Enter a label for your private network to easily identify it.
- Select the network's location from the Location drop down.
- Click Create Private Network.
After you create the private network, you can view it on the Private Networks screen.
Add a Server to a Private Network
After creating the private network and configuring its network interface, you must add an IP address to your cloud server to complete its connection to your network.
To add a private network IP to a server:
- From the Cloud Manager, click Services > Servers.
- Click the name of the desired server.
- Click Networking > IP Addresses.
- Click Allocate New IP Address Assignment.
- Select the private network interface from the Network Interface drop-down menu.
- Click Add IP Address Assignment.